Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:00pm EDT —
Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:30pm EDT
The 6th Annual Mass Ave Criterium & Cycling Festival will be held on Saturday, August 10th, 2013. The MAC is one of Indy’s most exciting sporting events held in the beautiful and hip downtown Cultural District of Mass Avenue.
The MAC will start at noon and end at 11pm, taking full advantage of the of all that is available on the Avenue for shoppers, foodies and partiers.
This race will be televised! You will be able to watch all the action from every section of the course streamed live to your smartphone or to 10 large TV monitors in the start/finish area.
With 400+ racers, 5,000 cycling fans on Indy’s premier entertainment district this is an event not to miss.
Fees: Visit Truesport for detailed information
Race Highlights Include:
• $10,000 in prizes with $5000 cash/ $5,000 primes
• Pre-registration Contest: Top prize is a set of Zipp 404 Firecrest Wheels ($2,700 value)
• Neutral wheel support
• Trainers will be available for warmups by Fit Flex Fly (F3). Watch the action from the first turn while you warm up. Register at: macwarmup.eventbrite.com
• Safe course: clean, smooth and new pavement. Completely secured course: 11 police officers. 150 course marshals and volunteers.
• Call-up for first 20 pre-registered in each category
• Podium ceremony for all categories in the European tradition. Great photo opportunity with podium girls, champagne and flowers.
• Indiana’s first Nocturne race with the final races under the lights at night. Course will be lit by 24×1000 watt lights- brigh enough to light 125 acres! Check out these videos of a Nocturne in London!
• Racing under the lights with the final pro 1,2 race starting at twilight
• Misting fans and tents to keep cool
• Water and sports drinks provided at registration.
• Expect a raucous crowd cheering you on as we extend the beer garden from the start/finish line to the first turn.
• IN/KY Series Event
Challenging, triangular, 2/3 mile course through the entertainment district on newly paved roads.
Festival Highlights Include:
• New Belgium beer in an expanded beer garden with tables, umbrellas and bleacher seating.
• Twilight and night racing under the lights
• Product street vendors
• Contest for crowd for Mass Ave Merchant Food, Drink and Product
• Kids Races
• Junior Races
• Kids Rodeo – learn riding skills and win a free helmet
• Free bike parking at Pedal & Park
• 9am Morning MAC ride. See http://www.cibaride.org for more details.
Dedicated parking for racers near course. View our maps here.
Held under USA Cycling permit. All USA Cycling rules apply. Free-lap rule is in effect. Lapped rider may be pulled at the official’s discretion. You must present a valid 2013 USA Cycling license to registration to enter any race. Only Category 5 men, Category 4 women and Citizens racers may purchase a one-day license for $10 at registration. Promoter reserves the right to shorten, modify, cancel or combine any race or prize list in the event of insufficient entries or bad weather. All winners must be present to receive prizes/awards. Day of race registration opens at 10:15am and closes 30 minutes before the start of each race. $20 fee for each additional race. Pre-registration closes at midnight EST on Thursday night, 8/8/13. $10 late fee applies for race day registration. Helmets required. No refunds.